lördag 11 juni 2011

Yoon Do Hyun Band - Why be?

http://image.maniadb.com/images/album/143/143884_f.jpg
Artist: Yoon Do Hyun Band (YB 윤도현밴드)
Album: Why Be?

A double album from one of North Korea's most popular bands.

Well, when I saw this, I had a lot of apprehension towards it since it's a double album (92 minutes) and very few bands can pull them off. I was half right and half wrong. 

The band's sound itself is straightforward rock, with a nice pallet of pop songs. This makes the album surprising easily to digest, but the lack of ambition keeps it from achieving true greatness...but also strips it of those self-indulgent moments of over-experimentation commonly found on double albums. There's nothing really special about their sound. I can't really say that I'd recommend it, go for one of their shorter albums instead.

2.5/5